It will be a major international science conference focusing on solutions to the global sustainability challenge.
The 2012 international Planet Under Pressure conference will provide a comprehensive update of the pressure planet Earth is now under. The conference will discuss solutions at all scales to move societies on to a sustainable pathway. It will provide scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development - Rio+20.
- 2500 participants combining global-change science and policy, business and development communities
- Scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Rio +20 conference
- Building trans-disciplinary research communities
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced partnerships between global change science and policy, industry and the public
- A new vision for international research